Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Error: Failed to update data source credentials

I have published one report to my own workspace and to shared workspace. I get update schedule working in my own workspace but in shared workspace I cannot set up credentials because of the following error:

error.png

Is there anything that I'm doing incorrect or what is this sorcery?

Comments
tondeli
Advocate I

In my dataset I have two data sources: Excel file from OneDrive (works) and Azure SQL database (gives the error).

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @tondeli,

From your description, the same report exist both in My workspace and a group space, you are able to set credential for data sources in My Workspace while can't do it in the group workspace, right?

In your scenario, please run the Fiddler then repeat the steps to edit credential. Share .saz file here. You can upload trace file to OneDrive and share the link here.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

tondeli
Advocate I

@v-qiuyu-msft

@Vicky_Song

Does generated .saz file contain sensitive information like user names or passwords?

tondeli
Advocate I
390 {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_DataSourceAccessError",
"pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_DataSourceAccessError",
"parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode",
"detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2146232060"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage",
"detail":{"type":1,"value":"Cannot open server 'servernamehere' requested by the login.
Client with IP address 'xx.xx.xxx.xxx' is not allowed to access the server.
To enable access, use the Windows Azure Management Portal or run sp_set_firewall_rule
on the master database to create a firewall rule for this IP address or address range.
It may take up to five minutes for this change to take effect."}},
{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2146232060"}},
{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingNativeErrorCode","detail":
{"type":1,"value":"40615"}}]}}} 0

Does this error mean that I need to open yet another IP address to Azure SQL Firewall? I have already done that but the IP is different this time.

RasikaOgale
Frequent Visitor

I am Also facing same problem, pleased sggest the solution on it.PowerBiAnalyticsError.JPG

tondeli
Advocate I

This list

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41653

doesn't include listed IP in my error message!

RasikaOgale
Frequent Visitor
where does need to add this IP ?
tondeli
Advocate I

I need to add that IP-list to my SQL firewall settings.

...and my IP is listed (I didn't know how to read that list). So, what I need to do is to add that list into my firewall rules. Anyone know how to do that from .xml file, not sure how effective it is to input those IPs manually every week?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@tondeli@RasikaOgale You can upload .saz file to your OneDrive and share the link in private message.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu