Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Emails Invitations - Dashboard Security Check - Email address not shown

I created 5 new dashboards in Power BI Pro and shared them with individual users, most of which had never used Power BI before. 

When these users navigate to the report, but they received an error, "Dashboard Security Check - It looks like you don't have access to this dashboard. You can request access from the owner." So somewhere between signing up for a Pro License and arriving at the /dashboard/ page, their access privileges get lost.

If they Request Access, and I approve it through the Share Dashboard feature, I will receive their request, but it comes as a separate user (email address not shown, just the person's first and last name) and the email address that was used to send the invite is shown as unopened (cancel invitation link is visible) even though they are using the same email address to request access.

I fear that this is a security risk, if I approved a request to see a dashboard because I see a familiar name, how do I know that this request is coming from within my organization if I cannot see their email address?

Can you test this process a bit and see if there may be a bug in the system? I am unable to send a screenshot because I already approved all the users!

Thank you!

Mike Johnson

NoAccess_PBI.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mjohnson,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Please share detail steps for us to reproduce it. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mjohnson, we experienced the exact same issue in my organisation and it's worrying.