Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Email subscription showing reports from an other App when opening the emails on mobile application

We implemented a solution for one of our client where we publish differents reports on different apps for different departments. Some users can access multiple apps and others only the one for their department. The users have email subscribed to some reports/dashboards through the apps.

But emails sent to them are showing weird things when they open them on a mobile device: When they open the emails on mobile devices it seems to bring up, in addition of the actual screenshot of the reports/dashboard they subscribe to, a screenshot of a report/dashboard at random coming from an other App. When they open it again few minutes after, the content has changed but is still showing another report/dashboard from another App within the current email subscription.

I think this is a pretty important bug that Power BI need to fix quickly, especially for data that can be really sensitive.

Kind regards, 

Ben

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@BenSensdat

I tired to check the subscription email with latest version of Outlook App installed on iPhone 7 Plus + iOS 11.0.3, but cannot repro the same issue on my side.

Which email app are you using to check the subscription email? Could you please provide a screenshot for it?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

BenSensdat
Regular Visitor

They are using the default email app from Apple.

Here is a screenshot of what they are seeing (I can't show the dashboard and its content). As you can see the first part says that it's the App1 subscription but the report  is actually the one coming from the 2nd App. The screenshot of the 1st App is appering at the bottom in small. They also subscribe through the worskpace before using the app so I don't know if this can be the reason.

image2.png

Kind regards, 

Ben

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@BenSensdat

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 50212231
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

BenSensdat
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Do you have any update on that? Other users have reported the same issue.

Kind regards,

Ben

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@BenSensdat

The product team have an open bug for this with apple (root cause is a bug in the iOS mail app). They are also trying out a workaround solution for this.

Best Regards,
Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@BenSensdat

Fix will be available on 11.28.

Best Regards,
Herbert

BenSensdat
Regular Visitor

Great to hear that! 😃 Thank you for the update.

Best regards,

Ben