Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Drillthrough - selected value is not being cleared from all report pages

The drillthrough functionality seems to have caused one big issue for me.  I have multiple reports at a summary level with multiple slicers on each page and a detail level report with even more slicers.  I have setup the drillthrough functionality to work with my 'State' slicer.  When I use the drillthrough functionality to get to the detailed report, it works properly and filters my detailed report.  HOWEVER, the other pages in my report now have the state filter set as well, but there is NO way to remove it.  For example, I drilled on 'NY' and then all of my pages now only show NY as the only value in my list of values.  The only solution seems to be to remove or clear all of the other filters (even though all of them show 'All') on the page.  

I will try to replicate this, but I think there is a bug as this PBIX was working very well prior to implementing drillthrough.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@rossgerber

I cannot repro the same issue on my side. The other pages do not have the Drillthrough filters like the Drillthrough page.

Please refer to my recorded video below, and let me know if there is any difference between our repro steps.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

OneWithQuestion
Post Prodigy

Related to this:  Does clearing the drillthrough filter on the page manually resolve the issue?

Is there a way to clear drillthrough filters on a page without having to open the filter pane?

In the USA and China example posted by Herbert above (thanks for the video), after you drill through to one of the countries...how can the user CLEAR that filter and see ALL the countries (on that page they drilled through to, without going back to the original page)?

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@OneWithQuestion

To clear the drillthrough filter, we need to open the filter pane and click the eraser icon.

Drillthrough - selected value is not being cleared from all report pages_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert