Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Donut/Pie Chart legend colors don't match actual colors

There is a bug for me when I use a donut/pie chart visual. I've added a legend in the visual, and the data colors in the legend do not match the actual data colors in the donut/pie chart.

In my visual, I have three colors (teal, bluish black, and red) represented within the actual visual. Within the PBI Desktop app, the legend shows the correct colors, but when I publish the dashboard to the web app, the legend switches to a yellow, gray, and light blue color while the donut/pie chart data colors stay correct.Donut Chart with Color Glitch

If the above image did not send correctly, I'm not sure how to fix that. The picture is just a .png filed saved on my desktop, so I put in the filepath and filename into the "Source" box of the "Insert Image" dialogue box.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

PBI_Color_Glitch.png

Here is a picture of the glitch.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

What is your Power BI Desktop version? I create visuals with Mar 2017 version and publish to Power BI Service, the legend color is consistent with the visual color as below. I also try with publish to web report and embedded report, still same result.

DonutPie Chart legend colors don't match actual colors_1.jpg 

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-haibl-msft I am running the current version of PBI (the March update). Perhaps I need to try reinstalling PBI Desktop?

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

You can have a try to uninstall it completely and then reinstall. If possible, you can share your pbix file to me through online file service like OneDrive.. I can have a try locally.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to have fixed itself. Maybe it was just a temporary glitch on my end. Thanks for being willing to help problem solve with me!

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered