Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Direct Query bi-directional relationship not working

Hi,

I have a report based on Direct Query with a 1:* bi-Directional relationship.

In the reports I use 2 stacked column charts for every table, which are being filtered by each other. The issue is that when I use the chart on the many side of the relationship, the filter works successfully, but not the other way around.

Thank you,

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sundayDriver,

I'm not able reproduce the issue. Click on the chart which gets data from one side of the relationship, it can filter other chart fine. 

q3.PNGq4.PNGq5.PNG

In your scenario, please check if the second report does contain data when you click the specific column in the chart which get data from one side of the relationship. Also please try to run the latest Power BI desktop version 2.50.4859.782 64-bit (September 2017). 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

sundayDriver
Employee

Thanks for the help. I have the proper version of power BI. Interestingly enough the filtering didn't work in the desktop version (first image). When I published the report it was working well in the browser (2nd image). FYI I also tried applying security filter in both directions but it still didn't work.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sundayDriver,

That's too strange. Are you sure you perform the same step both in Power BI desktop and Power BI service, eg: click on the same column bar to filter other chart? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu  

sundayDriver
Employee

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I find it very strange myself! Yes I'm performing the same step. If needed and there is a secure way to do this I can attach the pbix for further investigation.