Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Date slicers are fixed to US date format since Feb 2018 Update

As per the title all basic date slicers are stuck in the US date format and cannot be changed. My regional setting are set to UK and changing this around does not fix the issue.

Comments
dgwilson
Resolver III

Confirming this is an issue in New Zealand as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Confirming that we in Australia are also impacted. 

How long until the March update is released? Smiley Frustrated

mike_honey
Memorable Member

I just tried the new build 2.56.5023.861 64-bit (7 March 2018), and ... yeah ... na ...

The menu issues have been resolved - great.

The presentation issues in Slicers, Tables & Matrix are still there - very very disappointing. 

Arie
Advocate IV

For the date-format this is fixed in the March 2018 update. For the number-formats it is not fixed. 

With the application language set to English and the locale for import set to Dutch, the numbers are still in the English 99,999.99 format instead of the Dutch 99.999,99 format.

Dutch.png

English.png

DanDay
Regular Visitor

Updated to Version: 2.56.5023.861 64-bit (March 2018), still have the issue with slicers displaying dates in US format (m/d/yyyy).

MFelix
Super User

Hi,

The same issue here.

Still not fixed, doesn't make sense since I'm deploying  reports to other locations and in another languages so the date format is not consistent.

Regards,

MFelix

mike_honey
Memorable Member

FYI theres a parallel thread on these issues, with a recent post indicating a fix is coming for Slicers:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Locale-Date-Time-Formats-with-show-as-M-d-yyyy-in-menu-Jan-2...

Hopefully they appreciate the broader scope (Table and Matrix visuals).

mike_honey
Memorable Member

The fix is out, and it has solved this issue for me (and others), in both Slicer, Table and Matrix visuals. English (Australia) locale.

Arie
Advocate IV

This issue is fixed now for me in the March 2018 version (2.56.5023.942 published on 3/12/2018)

Thanks a lot!

juanjoseblancob
Frequent Visitor

I can confirm I also run into this issue in PowerBI desktop and it was indeed fixed after the March release. However, it isn´t in the Power BI service: dates in the slicer are still fixed in US format no matter what I do!

Isn´t anybody else experiencing this any longer?