Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Date Slicer behavior incorrect in Service

Have a date slicer in Power BI desktop, works as expected. Publish to service and two differences noted in behavior:

1) When hovering over the header, I no longer have control over the type of slicer to show, BETWEEN, BEFORE, AFTER, etc.

2) Tried to pick a single date while in between mode; 2/16/2017. Works as expected in PBI desktop, in service, I pcik 2/16/17 for start date, then pick 2/16/17 for end date and control automatically switches to 2/20/17????

Anyone else experience this?

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mcolb88

For the first issue, I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team internally: CRI 31831795

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

For the second issue, it seems to be a known issue which will be fixed in the next update of Power BI Service. Could you please check it later to see if it can be fixed?

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mcolb88

I've got response from the team.

This behavior is by design. We do not allow users to edit the slicer type in reading mode on service.

Best Regards,

Herbert

fcaetano
Regular Visitor

@mcolb88
Can confirm the issue nr 2).

Its hapening with us aswell. For now the there is no way to pick only 1 date with the slicer on "Between".
Temporary solition was to add a dropbox or other slicer with date only.

mcolb88
Helper III

I would suggest unless technically not feasible that switching the type of slicer be available in reading mode. This provides the most flexibility to an end user.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mcolb88

The second issue should be fixed now.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered