Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Data Refresh Error Dynamic NAV

We get error message when Refresh reports "OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSourceError] Odata: Request Failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (An error occured while processing request)."

PowerPi is conected to Dynamic NAV 2013, and everything worked fine last week. It is the same error for all users. No work has been done on the NAV server.

Can you please help us? 

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@joawah

Do you get data from NAV in PBI Desktop, through which connector? Can the data be refreshed properly in PBI Desktop?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

joawah
Regular Visitor

@Vicky_Song

Thanks for your reply. 

I get the data from a OData-feed, webservice from NAV. No, I get the error message when I refresh the PBI Desktop.

This worked just fine for everybody just a few weeks ago. Now it does not work for anybody. We have also tried to download the latest PBI Desktop version. 

Best regards, 

Joakim

joawah
Regular Visitor

@Vicky_Song 

Have you been able to figure out the error? We are paying Office365 enterprise customers.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@joawah

Could you please provide your OData Feed URL? Please also post the screenshot of the error message and enable tracing with following steps. 

Click on the File dialog. Pick “Options and Settings”, then “Options”. Click on “Diagnostics”. Check “Enable tracing” then click “OK”. Repeat the refresh operation. When done, go back to Diagnostics and click on “Open traces folder”.

Then share the log to us through online file service like OneDrive.

Best Regards,
Herbert

joawah
Regular Visitor

@Vicky_Song @v-haibl-msft

1. Here is the URL:

http://thn27.private.binargroup.se:7048/BINAR2013/OData/Company('Binar%20Quick%20Lift%20AB')/Vardetr...

2. Attached is a screenshot of the error message

3. Here is a file log: 

https://binarab-my.sharepoint.com/personal/joakim_wahlberg_binar_se/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?fol...

Thanks in advance!

PowerBI.png

@joawah wrote:

We get error message when Refresh reports "OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSourceError] Odata: Request Failed: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. (An error occured while processing request)."

PowerPi is conected to Dynamic NAV 2013, and everything worked fine last week. It is the same error for all users. No work has been done on the NAV server.

Can you please help us? 

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@joawah

Thanks for your detailed info. Some senior engineers have looked into the logs. This is a server-side error, you should probably start by checking the NAV server logs. If that doesn’t help, you’ll need to engage NAV CSS.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered