Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data Not Refreshing (Manual and Scheduled) from SharePoint

I have been using Power BI for a year.  My data stopped refreshing from SharePoint in May.  I tried re-loading the data, and switching between Scheduled and Manual Refresh multiple times.  I know that my data needs to be in a table in Excel.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@rrschmitz

Could you please provide more details about your issue? Did you get data from an excel file (and there are some tables in it) which stored in the SharePoint?

What is the error message when the refresh failed?

How about the result if you republish the report to Power BI Service?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

rrschmitz

Yes, I get my data from an excel sheet from SharePoint.  When I hover over the error sign, it doesn't tell me why it is coming up with the error.  It says "There was an error with your dataset. Select the warning icon to view details".  I cannot select the warning icon. 

When I republish the report, it updates when I publish it but doesn't refresh again.  It gives me the warning icon.

When I try to refresh my datasets, it doesn't seem like anything happens.  I select 'Refresh', it tells me it's loading, but it never does.