Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Data Alignment Errors With SMSS Direct Query

Hello,

I am experiencing an issue when refreshing a data set in Power BI using SSMS as a direct query.  When I refresh, I will have multiple sets of data in columns shift without retaining their correct column header.  For example, we have two columns names: Column Header 1 and Column Header 2.  Column Header 1 contains binary data set (either 0 or 1) and Column Header 2 contains analog data set (range from 0 to 100).  If I refresh, it causes the analog data set (range from 0 to 100) to be under the Column Header 1 and the binary data set is now under Column Header 2.  Everytime I refresh, the data in the columns switch back and forth.  I have double checked my SQL sources are correct and they all contain the correct data with no errors when querying from SSMS.  I have also tried making a new data table and new report and neither have resolved this issue.  Thanks.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @tprince54,

Does the issue happen on Power BI service or Power BI desktop? 

What do you mean about "Column Header 1 contains binary data set (either 0 or 1) and Column Header 2 contains analog data set (range from 0 to 100)"? Would you please share script to create sample report in SSMS? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu