Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dashboards made from Usage Metrics reports being excluded from App

Ive had a report for a while which graphs individual usage.  This report was not able to be included in an App.  The work around was to Pin it as a live page to a dashboard. That dashboard would appear in the app.

I've now had the feature appear where I can toggle on and off which reports/dashboards appear in my App.  As expected the Usage Metric report i have is toggled to 'off' and the option is greyed out.  What is surprising, is my dashboard is now also toggled off and the option is now greyed out.  A dashboard that previously was available to my users is no longer publishable.

In case it matters, we have premium.

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

It's expected that you can't contain a dashboard that has a tile from the Usages Metrics reports in an App.

>>>Usage metrics reports won't show up in Recent, Workspaces, Favorites, or other content lists. They cannot be added to an app. If you pin a tile from a usage metrics report to a dashboard, that dashboard cannot be added to an app or content pack.

Do you mean that the pin live page can be contained in an App before the release of new feature "Include in APP"? Please confirm it.

For example, before the release of "Include in APP", if you pin a live page of the metrics reports, you can contain that dashboard in an APP.

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale (@v-jiascu-msft),  Yes previously I was able to include a 'Pin Live Page' from a Saved Usage Metrics reports into a dashboard and then include that dashboard in my App.  I had managers who only had access via Apps make use of these metrics.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for the confirmation. I will consult the Product Team and update here later.

Best Regards,

Dale

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm afraid this is by design. What you can do now are the features it should be. The workaround could be adding the managers in the Apps as members (maybe read-only members). It works in my test.

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Dale ( @v-jiascu-msft) .  This doesn't work for me as the set up has been to use Premium to deliver the content to our managers via the Free License.  To give them access to the workspace, they would need a Pro-License.  Their only applicable access is via the App itself, thus without a pro license, they cannot see the usage of the lower level managers.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

The usage metrics can't be included in an APP. Maybe you can share the specific Dashboard of all the usage to some receivers. Please try it.

Best Regards,

Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wouldn't sharing also require them to have a Pro license, or does Premium allow them to view a shared report while being a Free User?  I was under the impression Apps were the only method of allowing Premium content to be visible by Free users?

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Yes, the dashboard will be shared from the App based on Premium. 

Best Regards,

Dale