Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dashboard sharing Disabled for non-PRO users ?

We can no longer share a dashboard with users from our own workspace. I received the message:

"This dashboard contains Power BI Pro content. Only users that have Power BI Pro will have access to it"

I confirmed my fears by publishing the simplest of reports which is 100% non-pro content. There have been a few other mentions of it on the forum in the past couple of hours, but I thought I'd create an official post. 

1st sharing was disabled from Group Workspaces to non-pro users. Surely Microsoft has accidentally disabled ALL sharing for non-pro users ? If not, you can imagine the uproar.

Is anybody else facing the same problem ? 

Power BI clearly states that we are able to share personal dashboards with non-pro users. 

Error.PNG

Comments
ScottBrier
Frequent Visitor

@JasVR Per the May 3rd announcement, everyone has to be on Pro (or a variant of Pro called "Premium") to view a shared dashboard. You can either have your users sign up for a 60-day or 1 Year pro trial for a quick fix, but you'll need Pro licenses eventually...