Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dashboard sharing Disabled for non-PRO users ?

We can no longer share a dashboard with users from our own workspace. I received the message:

"This dashboard contains Power BI Pro content. Only users that have Power BI Pro will have access to it"

I confirmed my fears by publishing the simplest of reports which is 100% non-pro content. There have been a few other mentions of it on the forum in the past couple of hours, but I thought I'd create an official post. 

1st sharing was disabled from Group Workspaces to non-pro users. Surely Microsoft has accidentally disabled ALL sharing for non-pro users ? If not, you can imagine the uproar.

Is anybody else facing the same problem ? 

Power BI clearly states that we are able to share personal dashboards with non-pro users. 

Error.PNG

Comments
jwatson05
Frequent Visitor

the way i understand it is that Free users won't be able to share dashboards AND they won't be able to view dashboards created by Pro users.

ScottBrier
Frequent Visitor

That's my understanding also. AND the ability to view EXISTING dashboards that have already been shared will be revoked. Really hope I'm wrong about that last one.

djnww
Impactful Individual

@ScottBrier

Correct. They will be revoked if you are no longer a PRO user. 

The one thing that Microsoft has yet to answer is whether current PRO trial users can be extended for another year until they can prove the effectiveness and obtain funding. A 3 week grace period absolutely makes no sense. My Microsoft contact is going to confirm it for me on Monday. 

D

djnww
Impactful Individual

@stevend

Unfortunately, only PRO users can see content from other PRO users. 

Free is only useful for individuals. 

D

ScottBrier
Frequent Visitor

@djnww 

Thank you for clarifying. Learning more and more by the day - also found out that Export options will be revoked for free users, even under the premium model. If true, this would mean our end users could no longer export data from visuals into excel for sharing/additional analysis. Without PRO. Whoa! 

djnww
Impactful Individual

@ScottBrier,

Good catch !!!!!!!!!!! I must read up on this. The fine print is very annoying.

D

ScottBrier
Frequent Visitor

Really hope I misunderstood though. Seems like "export to Excel" is pretty basic, so I'm not sure why they would choke that off.

JuleenMc

Im trying to share my dashboard with a user outside my organization. this user is a Pro trial user but they cant see the dashboard. why is that? can anyone assist me please?

JuleenMc

Im trying to share a dashboard with a user outside of my organization. this partucular user is on the Powerbi Pro trial, but still cant see the shared dashboard. can anyone assist with this please?

JasVR

Having a same issue with my shared Dashboard for Non-Pro Users. I am sure this can be resolved quickly?