Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Dashboard not showing Streaming dataset data after a failed push of the data

I have created an API streaming dataset called Fred, with 2 fields Field1 (DateTime) and Field2 (Number) and a dashboard that visualises them, I can  push data to the dataset and the dashboard refreshes automatically with the new data (sample below).

[{"Field1":"2017-03-23T09:30:00","Field2":10}]

The problem is if the data being pushed is incorrect for whatever reason

eg   [{"Fred":{"Field1":"2017-03-23T09:30:00","Field2":10}}]  this Json data which incorrectly includes the dataset name raises an exception     The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

I don't have an issue with the exception raised but when subsequent "correct" data (as in the first sample above) is pushed to the dataset (which will not raise an exception), the dashboard does not display any data; additionally refreshing the browser repeatedly has no effect.

However if I wait for exactly 1 hour all the successful pushes that occurred after the "bad" data was pushed are displayed in the dashboard, as if nothing had happened.

It seems the automatic dataset refresh is disabled when a failed push occurs for 60 minutes and then enabled.

Any ideas on how to poke the dataset/dashboard to refresh straight away rather than having to wait for an hour after a failed push?

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@malcolmhodson

Please refer to the "Questions and answers" section in https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-real-time-streaming/.

HOW CAN I CLEAR ALL THE VALUES ON A PUSH DATASET? HOW ABOUT STREAMING DATASET?

On a push dataset, you can use the delete rows REST API call. Separately, you can also use this handy tool, which is a wrapper around the REST APIs. There is currently no way to clear data from a streaming dataset, though the data will clear itself after an hour.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info