Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dashboard Focus Mode

Hi,

In 'Focus Mode' in a dashboard, the column headers of a table show the names of the original columns instead of the aliases. That doesn't happen in the reports, but only in dashboards. The same apply for graphs. Is that a bug ? 

Nikitas

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

What do you mean about the aliases? Could you please post a screenshot for it?

I cannot see any difference between the table in dashboard focus mode and the table in report page as below.

Dashboard Focus Mode_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the first photo the correct headers appear. That's how the table looks like in the dashboard. I've renamed the values to match the descriptions I wanted. However, when I go to Focus Mode, the headers appear as the original column names from the data model. That doesn't happen in the Report, just in the dashboard,

Correct Legend.PNG

Wrong Legend.PNG

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Could you please have a try again on your side? It seems that it is also not reproducible in the dashboard now.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Herbert,

Yes, I still have the same issue. I have three tiles in a dashboard with data and I get the same thing in all three of them. In focus mode the headers appear as in the model and not as I've renamed them

Nikitas

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Could you please share a sample PBIX file which can be used to repro? My repro steps should be same as you, but I still cannot repro the same issue as you described. You can share it through online file service like OneDrive.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Herbert,

Can you access the file in:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ai5QYbQI4MFggr5usVud_e-92kGbLg

?

When I create a dashboard that looks like the following, the focus mode of the table looks wrong:

Dashboard CreatedDashboard CreatedFocus mode on the tableFocus mode on the table

jtermeer

Hi, We are currently experience the same issue with the new view mode on the dashboard. We have unpinned items from the dashboard and repinned them after refreshing the reports. It appears to work for some of the visualizations but not all of them. The reports that are pinned are published from the same report workbook. Does anyone know if there is a fix in place for this? This is not only occuring for the Tooltips box but for columns that are renamed as well.