Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dashboard Embed loaded event not emitted.

I am using the PowerBI JavaScript Client to embed dashboards into my service, I can see the dashboard that I am trying to embed, however the "loaded" event never seems to be triggered.

Here's my code (well a snippet anyway)

dashboard = powerbi.embed(fullscreen, embedConfiguration);

Both fullscreen and the config are legit (don't forget I can see my dashboard, it works!) on the lines directly below I have

dashboard.on('loaded', function (e) {
  console.log('Dashboard Loaded', e);
});

dashboard.on('error', function (e) {
  console.log('Dashboard Errored', e);
});

But the "loaded" callback is never run.. Now for humour I found as many events as I possibly could and added callbacks just to log out which events, if any.. I could trigger, I've tried "rendered", "saved", "saveAsTriggered", "dataSelected" & "tileClicked".. Only tileClicked has been observed as working, so I wondered if anybody could shed some light..

I only require the loaded or rendered event.. How?

Side note: I have found that there is an unresolved promise inside the service value of the object returned upon embed, in my instance..

// Promise can be found on..
dashboard.service.wpmp.pendingRequestPromises

Comments
Eric_Zhang
Employee

@godd4k

It seems an known issue. Check Embedded Dashboard - "loaded", 'rendered' events are not triggered

Per my test, only the event "tileClicked" can be triggered when embedding a dashboard.

godd4k
Regular Visitor

@Eric_Zhang - Thanks for the reply, I can confirm with my tests that the "tileClicked" event seems to be the only event actually working. I have actually chirped in on an open issue on github to discus this further.. 
I suspect this would be a good place to watch for updates

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

godd4k
Regular Visitor

@Vicky_Song - Any update on when we can expect the "loaded" event added for dashboards?