Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Custom links in dashboard tiles are not working

Hi Guys,

I have dashboards setup with custom links behind tiles that take the user to various pages of a report. All lof sudden, no matter what link I enter ( I usually enter a direct report page link) it ignores it and takes me to the same page of the report each time.

For example, if I have a global dashboard, with tiles representing stats from each country, there will be a link behind each tile to the relevant page for that country in the report. This has always worked fine, but now it is ignoring these links and takes each tile to the same page in the report. For example, if I am looking at a tile for France, and click into it, it takes me to Germany. Same goes for any other country. They are all going straight to Germany and ignoring the link I have entered.

Note - for some reason, if I set "open link in same page" to "NO" the bug goes away, but this then ruins the users experience.

Please could this be reviewed asap as it is affecting all of my customers dashboards and reports.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Rich_P_G

Does this issue persist? I just try the same scenario in Edge, IE11 and Chrome but cannot repro the same issue. Please take a look at following gif to see if there is anything I missed here.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Rich_P_G
Helper I

Thanks. The problem might be linked to multiple tabs.

I have 8 or 9 tabs in some of my reports. When I add the custom links, no matter what tab link I enter, they all go to the same place. Checked this morning and its still the same.

For example, if the link ends in "/reportsection2" its redirecting to "/reportsection".

ajy11111
Regular Visitor

I have exactly the same issue as Rich_P_G.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Rich_P_G

I can repro the same issue as you now. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 31793319

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted