Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

County Level Data not displaying for Puerto Rico

Counties work slightly differently in Peurto Rico, with 78 Municipalities covering all areas of the island. However, when using these municipalities Power BI maps do not code anything under the 'County' level. Anything the Power BI team can do about this?

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@ahallification

Not sure how do you set the data category and which columns did you put into the map visual.

Based on my test, we can map the municipalities in two ways. Make sure you are using the latest version: 2.47.4766.801 (June 2017).

The first one is to create a county column and then use the hierarchy.

The second one is to use the concatenate sting, and set the data category to Place.

Please refer to following video for details. I've also uploaded my PBIX file here for reference.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

ahallification
Advocate I

@v-haibl-msft

Hi Herbert, thank you for the analysis.

My issue is more related to the "Filled Map" visual. In comparing to other states (such as census data) I use the State > County > City, State > ZIP hierarchy. But for the "County" level PR doesn't show anything. It seems inconvenient that we have to code PR as a "Country" for the map visuals to work, when it's a Territory and treated more like a state than anything else in terms of the US Government.

Thank you for the file. You obviously did your homework on this, and I should have clarified the map visual I was using and having issues with.