Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Counting rows that are NULL/BLANK

Working on a visualization that gives me the counts of 'Blank' values. As you see on the image below, there are plenty, but when i select the value, I get no results on the visualization. Is this an issue or am I doing something incorrectly? I am working on a Data Quality Dashboard, so I'm trying not to create 'Countblank' measures for all the values i'm checking. thanks.

Blanks.jpg

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @JSOTO_PBI,

The same issue reported before: CRI 32575500. This is by design. Aggregate functions ignore blank except the DistinctCount, and COUNTBLANK. Please create a measure using COUNTBLANK DAX function for your scenario. For more information, see: Count Blank not Working.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

JSOTO_PBI
Frequent Visitor

is there a reason this has not been a design change?  Considering the value is already being calculated, why is there such a problem with being able to use it within a visualization. It seems like an appropriate request considering the vast number of Data Quality initiatives taking place. I shouldn't have to create 20 measures for something a visuliazation should do on it's own.