Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Couldn't load data for this visual

Some of my embedded reports are not working. The report is using direct query on Azure SQL. The embedding is done via Azure Workspace Collections.

Error message:

Couldn't load the data for this visual
Couldn't retrieve the data for this visual. Please try again later.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity IDcb97159b-2e60-45e8-9e5d-a2ecf0207942
Request IDd78fbbae-8d3f-d00c-5a6a-6149776778f4
Correlation ID0513c21e-9879-fd4e-48c9-35309b8e537a
TimeTue May 22 2018 10:50:12 GMT+0200 (Central Europe Daylight Time)
Version13.0.5314.162

The embedded report is using Azure Workspace Collections. Although some other reports with same method are working correctly using direct query on same database.
Comments
donquijote
Advocate IV

Adding to the information above, the report updates well on Power BI desktop. This makes me think the issue is related to changes in the Power BI Service.

WaqasP
Regular Visitor

I am having same issue while connecting with redshift database using direct query. When i upload the Power BI embedded on our reporting platform, the dashboard works fine. But after few minutes it fails and shows the same error on every visual "could not load the data for this visual". No idea why this is happening. We are using the latest version of Power BI Embedded via Azure Capacity Service (not Workspaces)

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @donquijote,

Power BI Workspace Collection will be retired after June 30, 2018, see: https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps/Microsoft.PowerBI?tab=Overview

I would suggest you migrate the Power BI Workspace Collection to Power BI Embedded follow this article

@WaqasP I have replied in your own thread. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

donquijote
Advocate IV

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Thanks for your message. Yes, we were aware on the workspace being retired but also relied it would be working until closer to the official date of 30th June.

We were working on the migration already but had to rush to complete it yesterday and we also had a few bad customer experiences with broken reports so not ideal.

After completing the migration to dedicated Azure Power BI embed capacity the issue is not happening anymore today.

Thanks

WaqasP
Regular Visitor

We are not using Workspaces. We are using latest version of Power BI Embedded via Azure Capacity Service but still having this issue

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @donquijote,

So the issue is gone now with your Power BI embedded now? 

@WaqasP Already replied on your thread. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

donquijote
Advocate IV

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

It did work actualy for aproximately one day but now it has stopped working without any change in our side. Despite we completed the migration from azure workspaces to the new Power BI Embedded with dedicated capacity. Both the initial error on Azure Workspaces and the current error on dedicated capacity happened without us changing the data model or the report. 

This is very disapointing for a service that is not cheap at all.

Couldn't load the data for this visual
The multi-part identifier "t2.asset_id" could not be bound. The multi-part identifier "t2.asset_id" could not be bound.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID7f4aaae8-736f-42ff-ba0d-dac227c4f8e5
Request ID60506b7c-753f-48fd-b14b-c73da3f1ed29
Correlation ID5d351788-08b3-6876-e915-be11f53492ab
TimeFri May 25 2018 04:19:40 GMT+0200 (Central Europe Daylight Time)
Version13.0.5391.159

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @donquijote,

I would suggest you check if the report displays fine on Power BI service. I guess the issue might related to this know issue listed here

q11.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

WaqasP
Regular Visitor

Still having the same issue even after the fix

donquijote
Advocate IV

In case it helps

All our reports allways worked on Power BI (PBI) Desktop.

All reports use Direct Query against Azure SQL Database.

The issue affected one of the reports on PBI Embedded while the same report worked on PBI Desktop.

In our case, while MSFT was working on the issue we had to rush on a temporary solution in which we did re-write the affected report.

Our believe was that the issue reported by MSFT was breaking some of our queries/visuals but not all of them.

For this reason we rewrote the affected report step by step to find which visual/query was the one the service was breaking.

At the same time we finished re.writing the report MSFT had implemented the fix and the original report started working again in the service.

@WaqasPif your report is critical i would suggest a similar rewrite step by step to arrive to a solution. 

In all cases the message to MSFT is that you cannot break a service that is working, that your customers rely on, have no control and are paying well for it. This cannot happen and this will not be accepted in ongoing basis.