Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cortana Page Type converts to Custom upon Publishing

Following all the instrucitons to get Cortana hooked in to Power BI Service. One step is to create a report page and set the Type on the Page Size format option to "Cortana". Done. But then after publishing, I see that the page Type setting is now "Custom" and must be reset if I want to have any hope of Cortana finding it.

I'm using the latest Power BI Desktop from April 2017, released March 30 2017 or around then.

This is a bug, in my opinion.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@ToddChitt

I cannot repro the same issue on my side with same version of PBI Desktop. Please refer to my video below. And let me know if there is anything difference between our repro steps. BTW, the latest Apr 2017 version is 2.45.4704.722 which released in about mid April. You can download it from the Power BI Desktop web site.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

ToddChitt
Super User

Apparently, there is something wrong with THAT particular PBIX model and THAT particular page, though I can't for the life of me figure out what. Subsequently added Cortana pages in the same model do not revert to Custom upon publishing, only that one.

Having the intermediate site app.powerbi.com/cortana/test was a big help in diagnosing the issue as I had other things going on with my Cortana.

Thanks