Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Connection error PostgreSQL to On-premises Data Gateway

HI,

I use Power Bi with 'MS-SQL, Oracle' DBMS in company.

At this time, we got a new DBMS in 'PostgreSQL'. Fortunately,I success connect datasource and load database and doing my own job in Power BI DESKTOP. but since i tried to setting gateway service on Power BI Web portal, have big problem as below.

Step1. Connecting Power BI Web portal(app.powerbi.com)

Step2. Manage Gateways

Step3. 'Add Data Soruce' then input PostgreSQL setting parameters which exact the same as Power BI Desktop connection parameters (ex: server, database, ID, password).

Then, i got a error message as below.

이미지 159.jpg

in order to error message by microsoft, feedback to me, I did not install  'Npqsql'.

but i already installed 'Npqsql'.if not, definitely, it does not work in 'Power Bi Desktop' also. so i thinks this feedback is incorrect.

so i search information in Power BI Community forum.  lastest NPQSQL is not supported. so i re-install NPQSQL 3.2.2.

but it does not still works..

please let me know what i have to do for solving this issue.

your advise will be very appreciated.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Nate

Could you please try to uninstall Npgsql 3.2.2 and install Npgsql 3.1.8 to see if it helps? If issue still persists, I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info