Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Clustered Column chart Y scale not adjusting correctly

I have a column chart which displays a count of Meetings by AE. I have a slice that filters this chart based on Product. Meeting count is a custom measure which calculates the "at share" count for a given Product. I.e. if multiple products are discussed in the meeting they are allot a share of the count.

When I filter by ProductA, the y scale behaves as it should. When I filter by ProductB, the y scale is not increasing enough to fit the data lable above the column as is expected.

PowerBIColumnIssue.png

I have the same issue with other column charts.  

PowerBIColumnIssue2.png

I've tried adjusting all kinds of settings but nothing is working.  I, of course, do not want to had code the axis as that will present it's own issues. It should automatically adjust to fit the labels like it does in Excel.

I'm creating reports for Senior Management at my firm and this is just not acceptable to them.  

Help!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @tmfitz,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 77003535. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @tmfitz,

I got information below: 

By Design. If a data label font color is set, either directly or through a theme, the same color will be used for inside and outside the columns. If the data label font color is not set, or is reset using "Revert to default", the logic will render black font outside and white font inside columns. Consider reverting to default for this visual. We are discussing adding a specific "inside font color" separate from "outside font color" so users can have more control, but for now there is no way to customize both inside and outside font colors.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

tmfitz
Frequent Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft You are misunderstanding the issue.  It's not about the color of the font but rather that the y scale is not dynamically  adjusting enough to fit the label.  

tmfitz
Frequent Visitor

Can I get an update on the this issue?  It's really hindering my ability to use Column charts.  These charts look horrible.

chart labels.jpg