Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cannot update app

Can't update this app.  The timing for this error couldn't be worse...

Any ideas what is going on?

Something went wrong
Failed to publish app.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity IDc8525ce6-ee38-4630-ac18-be8bb00d1a9c
Request ID8853b422-7ddc-f2c7-6930-6602e1a15d77
Correlation ID615de399-8a56-1844-0a0a-3d3de74f6e29
TimeThu Jan 18 2018 09:06:50 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
Version13.0.3936.157
Get help
Comments
MAwbre
Advocate I

I just spent the past hour rebuilding the dashbaord and re-uploading it under a new name, which while unacceptable to my customer, is better than nothing.  Unfortunately, after the initial publish, when I went to update, I got the EXACT SAME ERROR.

Is there some outage?  Are updates not allowed for apps with an H in the name?  What the heck is going on?

prbkb
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue today too

MAwbre
Advocate I

A little clarification onmy confusion.

It is only this app, and the rebuilds of this specific app which are having this problem.  The problem is specific to updates, not initial publishing (at elast of the rebuilds) and sometimes takes everal updates for the problem to occur.  Once the problem occurs it is consistant and every update.

prbkb
Regular Visitor

Same here yesterday I was able to update the app. But today no go. I am able to also update my other app quite well with no problems.

BrettHermann
Advocate II

We're also having an issue while trying to update one of our apps. The rest seem to update fine. I've also noticed that the "Included in App" feature was removed when yesterday it was there. Something strange seems to be going on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here, I cannot update any published apps

edelfau
Frequent Visitor

Same here and noticed the Included in App button that disappeared, which was used to control what report or dashboard items were going to the App.  This happened last night 01/17/18 EST.

Placed a ticket with PBI today and no solution yet.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The same issue already reported before internally: CRI 57129326. The issue should be fixed now. Please test again in your environment. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

MAwbre
Advocate I

@v-qiuyu-msft

I can confirm this is resolved for me.