Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cannot sign in with Power Bi Desktop

Hello, 

I'm using Power BI desktop optimised for Power BI report server March 2018

I cannot Sign In with the desktop because I never get to the windows asking me my password.

It's the same for other users within the compagny

I supposed something is blocked by IT but I need help to tell then what they need to change in order to allow us to sign in.

Do you had similar issue? 

Thank you very much

Emmanuelle

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Please open the browser on the same machine, type app.powerbi.com, click Sign in and enter the same account you used in desktop, to see if you are able to sign in successfully. 

To publish the report from desktop to Power BI report server, the signed in Power BI account requires Pro license. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Qiuyun Yu, 

I'm a consultant, I have a laptop from my consulting firm and I have a computer lend to me by the customer.

With my account, I can sign in and publish from the laptop but not with the customer computer

I can sign in on app.powerbi.com with the laptop and with the customer computer.

I'm guessing some security mesure from the customer is blocking the sign in form the desktop with their computer but I can not tell them where to look.

It's not that i get an error message when a put my password, it's than Power BI desktop appear not be able to join Microsoft in order to get the password windows

It could be a lot of thing, a firewall, a port blocked, a proxy configuration,...

Do you know what is usualy the issue when we don't get the password windows? 

Thank you for your help, 

Emmanuelle

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Does the customer who owns the computer can sign in successfully in Power BI desktop? 

Fiddler.PNG

Please collect the Fiddler trace with below option enabled and repeat the steps to reproduce the issue. Share .saz file with us. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot install Fiddler on the computer of the customer but I asked them to use wireshark and to give me a feedback.

It's a proxy issue. Can i configure manualy the proxy for allow the desktop to sign in?