Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot share Dashboard with Specific User

When I try to share dashboards with other users at my organization, it works fine.  With that being said, for some reason, when I try to share the dashboard with this specific user (whose email is in the same domain as the rest of the emails in the organization) he cannot access the dashboard.  Although it says the dashboard was successfully shared and sends him an email, he gets the error message "You do not have access to this dashboard".  When I try to type in his email address in the "Grant access to" field, autofill does not recognize him even though it recognizes other users in the organization.  The other strange thing is that with other users who I have given access it says "Can view" next to their name, while next to his name it says "Cancel invite".  How do we fix this? Thanks in advance.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@pseiler

Has this user signed into Power BI Service before you shared dashboard? If no, you can let the user sign into Power BI firstly. After that you can try to click "Cancel invite" and reshare the dashboard to that user to see if it helps.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

pseiler
Regular Visitor

Ok, I'll make sure the user is signed in. Are you talking about making sure the user is signed in to Power BI Desktop, Online, or both? And if that does not work, do you have a next step we should take? Thanks.