Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cannot load new table added to azure SQL database : sequence contain more than one element

I just updated to the Feb 18 version.I am using direct query to connect to a Azure sql database to which I have added a new table. I loaded the table,but when I click "close and apply" in the query editor, I get an error "sequence contain more than one element".

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you use 32 bit desktop or 64 bit desktop? Based on my test in Power BI desktop version 2.55.5010.521 64-bit (February 2018), we can apply change when we connect to Azure SQL in DirectQuery mode. 

In your scenario, please try to connect to other table to see if issue happens to all tables or not. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

EssiSH

Hi!

I have the exactly same error. It is not happening to all tables/views, but to some of them. Error happens even if I remove all modifications done in edit query.
After I change to import mode I can use the view. But in this case direct query usage is needed.

I'm using 64bit version of PBI (Version: 2.55.5010.521 64-bit ).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft @Vicky_Song

Hi All,

I'm using Version: 2.55.5010.521 64-bit (February, 2018)

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous Have you tested with another tables? 

@EssiSH As the issue only happen to specific tables or views? Would you please check if any difference between those tables/views? Could you share T-SQL query to create issued tables so we can test it on our side? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

mhaldima
Regular Visitor

Same issue here. Many but not all tables suffer from this issue. A simple example is the following:

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Shares](
[Email] [nvarchar](50) NOT NULL,
[a] [int] NULL,
[b] [int] NULL,
CONSTRAINT [PK_Shares] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED
(
[Email] ASC
)WITH (STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF) ON [PRIMARY]
) ON [PRIMARY]

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is also occuring with Direct Query and on premises SQL Server data sources.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft There were already tables present in that Azure SQL database which were loading without any problem. It was the new table causing the problem. Anyways,I sent the .pbix file to another machine which had a previous version of Power BI desktop and loaded the new table without any problem,sent it back to my machine, and then it worked fine.

mhaldima
Regular Visitor

Some further testing shows that the problem occurs in fact with any table that one tries to add to a Power BI file that already contains SQL tables connected through Direct Query. The workaround is to remove all existing connections and then to add all tables at once, including the additional one. This works, but is obviously not very convenient ;-).