Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cancellation occurred while sending or receiving a request

Hello, I need some help. I can not update the reports. Through the on-demand and scheduled update, the message "Cancellation occurred while sending or receiving a request" appears.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @elizabethcosta,

1. Did this issue happen to one specific report or all reports? 

2. Please go to Dataset Settings, check if all settings are fine. 

3. Did the report require gateway to refresh. If it does, please update gateway to the latest version. 

4. As the refresh is failed, there should be RequestID and Cluster name, please share those two information with us. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

elizabethcosta
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

1. No, it happened with more than one dataset, but some still work.

2. Everything is fine in the data set settings.

3. Did not request.

pb gateway error.JPG

Best Regards,
Elizabeth

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi Elizabeth,

I would suggest filing a support ticket here.

create ATicket

Best Regards,

Dale

MarcinBajda
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I had the same issue today.
In my case there was problem with xlsx file that has relation to the field that was by mistake left empty (in one row).

So check Your data model and data inside it 😉

Best Regards,
Marcin

mitsu
Resolver IV

I have the same issue the model however process appropiately on the PBI desktop .  Any suggestions .

heater99

I had this issue with 2 reports, both using the same gateway.  For one, I refreshed all the tables in Power BI desktop and republished the report and it works fine.  For the second, I did the same thing but am still getting the same error.  I removed all the data tables from the refresh and still no luck.  I built a new .pbix file with all the same data tables and it refreshes just fine.  Maybe something with the measures as I have not recreated all of them.  This is extremely labourious...  Posting here in case some other suggestions come up.

deangelodenis
Helper I

Hi @elizabethcosta,

I'm fighting with the same problem. If I refresh the dataset from the Power BI desktop, everything works great, but if I try from the Service, I get the same error Msg that you said.

Could you fix that?