Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't share dashboards

Similar/Same issue as http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Can-t-share-dashboards/td-p/60135 where I have a Dashboard that shows the "Share" link, but nothing happens when I click on the Share or go to the {dashboard}/share URL.

This Dashboard is going through an Enterprise Gateway to access its Data Source. No issues as far as I can see with the Enterprise Gateway or Data Source as the Dashboard is loading correctly.

An interesting thing I did notice is when I'm logged in with through my iOS mobile app, that it errors when I try to share from there, it errors saying "Over Your Storage Limit Please manage your storage at powerbi.com". I'm using 40Mb of 10Gb so there shouldn't be a storage issue. One of the possible gotchas is I have both an (extended) Free Pro License as well as a full Pro License assigned to my account.

Comments
mike_honey
Memorable Member

I'm striking the exact same issue described above starting: "An interesting thing ..." - only on the iOS mobile app.  I have Pro using 96MB of 10GB.  

Seems an obvious bug - why would sharing have any impact on storage?

kelvinwan

Same issue. I cannot share to external users, no email notification is sending to external users. When I share with internal users, they also do not receive email notification (yes I did check the box before hitting share). However internal users can see the dashboard via the "Shared with me" section. I've tried to do the same via IE and Chrome. Same outcome. 

This is very embarrasing. I just share the proof of concept to the client and now it doesn't work!