Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Can't refresh any datasets on BI online service

Yesterday, all my datasets were refreshing just fine but today nothing happens.

- The automatic refresh hasn't done anything.

- When I press "Refresh now", I get a "popup" saying "preparing refresh" for a split second and then nothing happens.

The only way to update the data is to refresh the Desktop version and then upload it. 

I have datasets connection to an on-premises database and one connecting to a sharepoint site.

- The on-premises connection usually works perfect, but now nothing happens.

- The sharepoint connection usually brings up an error,  if I try to refresh, but now nothing happens (I just tried it this time as a test, as it usually doesn't work automatically).

Can you please help troublefinding - It seems like an issue on you online portal somehow.

Thanks in advance.

// Tommy

Refreshes can fail for a whole bunch of reasons and given how critical refresh is to Power BI, we have created this article to help you trouble shoot: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-troubleshooting-refresh-scenarios

Comments
TrevorCraig
Frequent Visitor

I think we're having exactly the same issue, have restarted the gateway and its still happening. Have you logged your issue with support yet? 

tommy-olsen
Advocate I

Hi Trevor,

No, I have just posted it here, hoping to bring some attention - How do you log it with support (Rather new to all this MS support requests)?

stewartparry

Also having the same issue, multiple datasets have not refreshed since noon yesterday (GMT) through the on premise gateway

Ari

Hi guys!

I'm having exactly same issue issue here. I just did test setup and could not get it working. I even tried to install gateway again but I cannot refresh.. I have been using only simple on-premise sql server connection..

-Ari

andersosthus
We are having the same issue refreshing from Azure Storage Tables datasources in the Web experience. We are getting "Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again", but the credentials are not invalid. I've tested them in Storage Explorer, and they work just fine. We started seeing this early morning today. Last successful refresh was around midnight GMT.
TrevorCraig
Frequent Visitor

@tommy-olsen Hi Tommy, Yes I've logged the call and also put a link to this thread. If I get any update I'll post it here. The workaround is tedious as we're having to refresh the data in all our dozens of desktop reports then publish them. 

Priorr
Frequent Visitor

Having the exact same issue so following this thread in the hope of a swift solution!

Bahar
Regular Visitor

The same Issue .... 

tommy-olsen
Advocate I

Anyone know some way to get Microsoft involved?

Seems like others have pretty much the same issue:

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Schedule-Refresh-doesn-t-work/idi-p/114292#M1867

brendan_w
Frequent Visitor

Likewise having the same issue.

Manual refresh is resulting in a brief notification followed by no record in the refresh history.

ANyone get any contact from Microsoft yet?