Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't publish a report from Power BI Desktop

I am no longer able to publish reports from Power BI dekstop that I have been able to do previously.  I get this error: "An unexpected error occured while attempting to publish 'test.pbix': Unable to write data to the transport connection.  An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host". 

I tried creating a trivially small new workbook and was able to publish that OK but with a relatively simple 2Mb workbook I get this error.

I'm also unable to upload this directly from the Power BI service.  Again, I'm able to load the trivially small workbook but not this (or any other) workbooks, all of which have worked in the past.  In the Power BI Service I get the following error details:

Something went wrong.

Failed to publish Power BI Desktop file
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID54693ed1-211b-4068-8e82-46ba9a047997
Request ID9feccbba-5f29-ac3d-a18f-c38136f71375
Correlation ID0e52c4d0-1f3b-15ea-82ec-eef9bbd54865
Status code-1
TimeSun Feb 12 2017 19:47:32 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time)
Version13.0.1700.1165
Comments
michstu

Having the same issue since Friday. Always seem to have problems when a new version is launched but downloading the new version didn't resolve the issue this time. 

jonward
Regular Visitor

Yes I'm also using the latest version but no joy still

THEU
I have the Same Problem i get the message the romtehost is cancel
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@jonward

I find that existing issues have been reported internally to Power BI Team: CRI 31240414 and CRI 31108603

I’ll keep an eye on them and post here once I get any update about them.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

lizmccre

I have the same issue