Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't log into JIRA data source with JIRA content pack after upgrade to Atlassian account

Update: It appears that the authentication failure occurs only if I attempt to refresh from Power BI online. If I run the refresh from Power BI Desktop only, I don't run into the error and don't have to change my Atlassian account password, etc. So I'm guessing that the Atlassian account authentication process must be checking the domain from which the login request is being made. Since when I'm using Power BI online, the domain in the incoming authentication request doesn't match my company domain, the login fails. I guess. So the workaround is to refresh from the desktop only. But I hope this can be fixed so refresh can happen from Power BI online as well.

I have been successfully using the JIRA content pack for Power BI to connect to and retrieve data from our JIRA Cloud instance. Yesterday, my JIRA user was upgraded to an Atlassian account. (Click here for information about this change.) After the upgrade, I was unable to refresh my JIRA data. I get the error: "We couldn't authenticate with the credentials you provided. Please try again." I get this error in Power BI even though I can authenticate just fine to JIRA using the same credentials. 

I have found that I can get around this problem by changing my Atlassian account password, but this fixes the problem only temporarily. I change the password and update the "Data source settings" in Power BI with the new password. The refresh works after the first and sometimes subsequent data refreshes. But it eventually fails and I have to change my Atlassian password again.

Here's the screen capture of the error:

Authentication Error.png

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@dathompson

I just create a new Atlassian account and I can get JIRA content pack successfully in Power BI Service. I also tried to refresh the dataset multiple times and edit the credential though there is no credential error there. All works well on my side.

I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).
If issue is resolved, you can share the solution here later to help others who have the same problem.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

dathompson
Frequent Visitor

Herbert, thank you for your post. This issue has happily gone away. I'm not sure what happened, but I am authenticating just fine now from both the desktop and the online service.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered