Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Can't change ClickDimension connection parameters

I attempted to add a ClickDimensions appsource within PowerBI. The wizard asks for the Datacentre then credentials. Unfortuantely I entered the wrong credentials and despite deleting that workspace and attempting to re-add, there is a bug I have found (I assume).

Each time I add the ClickDimensions connector it prompts for the Datacenter location but not the credentials. It's like the credentials are being cached somewhere. There is a workspace but no datasets to edit. I've tried deleting the workspace numerous times to no avail. I've also tried clearing browser cache and logging off the session. 

There is no way of amending the credentials after the fact so I cannot connect at all.

Thank you

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mmohabbat

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 38321338
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mmohabbat

I've got response from the product team.

This is a known issue with content packs. A longer term solution is being worked on, but for now, please add the query string parameter "?alwaysPromptForContentProviderCreds=true" to the Power BI URL when trying to connect. So if you are using https://app.powerbi.com, please use https://app.powerbi.com?alwaysPromptForContentProviderCreds=true instead. That should force Power BI to have users always enter the credentials every time they instantiate a content pack.

Best Regards,

Herbert

mmohabbat

Thank you, I attempted to re-add with the link provided and this worked. Thank you & I look forward to the longer term solution.

Cheers

Mustafa