Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CRITICAL/STOPPER: Advanced Report Date Filter does not work properly after december update

Greetings all,

After the update on 11.12.2017 we have noticed that the advanced filter for dates has stopped working correctly.

Basic and relative date Report Filter works fine, however, Advanced date filter does not work correctly anymore. You can open the advanced filter, and the calendar, however, you cannot select anything... What you select in the first calendar goes to the second date box. However, if you select something in the second box, it doesn't go anywhere. 

I believe you understand the criticality of this bug, and I'm tired of answering the phone.

The problem can be reproduced by all our users, testers and developers, both on powerbi.com and embedded reports (premium). It does not affect any filters in the PowerBI desktop.

If you need more info, give an e-mail (or if you have access to contact details, contact me directly) and I'll send you a video to demonstrate the bug and try to help you understand the situation better if needed.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

And here's the video (in horrible quality, but atleast it's small and you get to see the problem...)

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

From your description, you download Power BI desktop installer from download site, right? 

I have tested in Power BI desktop the same version 2.53.4954.481 64-bit (December 2017) but not reproduce the issue. See: 

In your scenario, do all reports have this issue? Which data source do you connect to? Do you run 64bit or 32bit Power BI desktop? Please share more information for us to reproduce the issue. 

By the way, please download the 12/14/2017 released desktop version (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331)to repair desktop then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vicky and thanks for the reply,

The problem does Not affect Desktop. It's the online version (PowerBI.com) that is affected (Also embedded reports through premium capacity is affected).

BR,

Matias M.

tikka
Frequent Visitor

I can confirm the issue. Looks like a UI level problem with the date controls. Needs to be fixed!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous@tikka,

I'm still not be able to reproduce the issue in Power BI service. I guess the issue should be related to cluster specific. I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support. Thanks. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

timwilson
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

Has this been resolved? it's impacting our embedded reports for our customers as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi timwilson,

We signed a ticket on friday as requested, however, the problem has not been corrected yet (as I just tried it out on powerBI.com.

Hope they fix it soon, as it's a quite major bug to have a in a in-production product....

tikka
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Just received notice that the ticket (refered by MatiasM) was picked up and I assume under work at the moment.