Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CORRUPT PBIX FILE

When i open my pbix file, power bi return to me an error:

FILE DAMAGED OR NOT VALID REPORT FILE

How can i fix that??

Thanks

Comments
raynok
Frequent Visitor

Hi @mattia92

Sorry to hear, here is my 2c.

If you have uploaded the report into the BI services, you can download the report again as pbix file.

1.png1.png

Hope you have luck.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mattia92

Not sure what actions did you do to the PBIX file. It seems that the PBIX file is corrupt now.

Please try the suggestion provided by raynok. Just notice that there are some limitations for the report download feature. Please refer to https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-export-to-pbix/#download-the-repor....

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

mattia92
Regular Visitor

Unfortunately i dont have uploaded the file on power bi cloud

i have try to import the "corrupt" file into the power bi cloud but i have an error:

Non è stato possibile pubblicare il file di Power BI Desktop
Riprovare più tardi oppure contattare il supporto tecnico specificando le informazioni seguenti.

ID attivitàc5cdc3fd-e978-4334-9a56-2c7e3b81938c
ID richiesta9cac42dd-8b1e-ed8d-ffd5-75a099328e4d
ID di correlazione86c638bf-96f4-9879-12fa-87d20766c2ab
Codice di stato400
OraTue Jun 27 2017 15:49:42 GMT+0200 (ora solare Europa occidentale)
Versione13.0.1721.165

There is another solution or i have lost my work?

thanks a lot

raynok
Frequent Visitor

You could try going to this location in power bi options, hope that it may be there if your power bi desktop crashed which could of created the file to go corrupt.  if there are any files there try opening them and if the file extension is is not pbix, change it to pbix and try open it.

Are you accessing your pbix files over the network (through a map drive) ?

If you are opening them off the network share then I hope your I.T has enable shadow copy on the volume that the share resides. If you unsure then ask your I.T staff.

1.png