Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bullet Chart by Microsoft: Drill down not working

I use the custom visual "Bullet Chart" by Microsoft: If one switches on the "drill mode" of the visual (the arrow on the top right is black), one should be able to drill down by clicking on any data point, if there is a hierarchy in the "categories" field.

But it dowsn't. The visual shows the same as before. The names of the hierarchy levels is added to the title each time i click on an data point, though. The button "go to the next level of the hierarchy" works correctly, too.

Before clicking on the bar "2016":

level1a.PNG

After clicking on the 2016 bar, it's selected and the hierarchy level name "Month" is added to the title. No drill down occured:

level2a.PNG

What do I do wrong? In case it's a bug - please fix it! 🙂

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Sokon

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported internally to Power BI Team: CRI 30515631

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Sokon

I've got response from the Power BI Team.

Drilldown functionality is not yet supported in new custom visuals API. Bullet chart will be reverted to legacy API until functionality is available in new API. Will update when revert is committed, we'll have ETA then.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Sokon
Advocate V
@v-haibl-msft: Wow, that's a quick eesponse. Thanks for keeping me up to date!
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

Sokon
Advocate V
The new version now works correclty. Wow - that was quick! Thanks a lot!