Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug with powerbi App Refresh

Hi, 

i encounter the below issue more then once

i have updated the report from the power bi desktop, and the WEB report looks perfect if i enter to the report from My WORKSPACE

but, if i am entering from the APP view i am getting the old version

Refresh app solves the problem

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@eitanl

I cannot repro the same issue on my side. Please refer to my recorded video and let me know if there is any difference between our repro steps.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

eitanl
Helper II

Step1:Add new Sheet with Table Then PublishStep1:Add new Sheet with Table Then PublishIn The App- No "Page2"In The App- No "Page2"in the WorkSpace- Page 2 is therein the WorkSpace- Page 2 is there

eitanl
Helper II

in the example above

i added a new page with a simple table

eitanl
Helper II

Any thoghts?

it also happened when i change somthing in the Dashboard

until i refresh the app manually , there is no update 

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@eitanl

Please refer to this document: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-create-apps/#change-your-published.... It seems to be an expected behavior.

The app workspace is your staging area, so your changes aren't pushed live to the app until you publish again. This lets you make changes without affecting the published apps.

Best Regards,
Herbert

eitanl
Helper II

OK thanks, 

in my opinion there should be a choice that allows you to refresh automaticly upon change or choose to update manually.

for me, the staging area is power bi desktop and once i publish i want everyone to see the last version. 

anyway i understand now ,thanks for you explenation 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered