Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug in March 2018 PBIRS Releas: URL Parameters not working

After installing the March 2018 release of Power BI Report Server, I am unable to include URL Parameters to filter reports.  Without parameters, the report loads and reders just fine.  Adding URL Parameters to the web address, causes the page load but without any report content.

URL Parameters were working prior to the March 2018 update.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jason_quinn,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue in the latest Power BI report server version. The passed query parameter in report server URL is working fine. 

q5.PNG

Please check if the issue happens to all reports. Also please share detail steps for us to reproduce the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

AlaFawzi
Regular Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msftto reproduce the bug, you need to pass the filter like this:

https://reportserver/reports/powerbi/StoreSales?rs:Embed=true&filter= Store/Territory eq ‘NC’

jason_quinn
Advocate II

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

The post from @AlaFawzi is correct, passing parameters to a Power BI report causes the page not to render the report.  I can confirm that URL parameters are working for paginated reports (as shown in your post).  But I have numberous Power BI reports which have URL parameters and all have stopped working after the March 2018 update.

I have tried the lastest version of Internet Explorer, Edge and Chrome.  All return the same result.  Chrome reports the following 404 errors in the console when passing URL parameters:

A couple of 404 errors when loading the Power BI report.A couple of 404 errors when loading the Power BI report.

Chrome doesn't report any 404 errors when loading the same Power BI report without URL filters.

Thanks for you help,

Jason

pavithran
Frequent Visitor

Even i see blank screen when using the url with filters After March 2018 upgarde, before the upgrade it was working fine.

Do you have any solution how to pass parameters in the URL

https://reportserver/reports/powerbi/StoreSales?rs:Embed=true&filter= Store/Territory eq ‘NC’

pavithran
Frequent Visitor

The issue is fixed with the latest Upgarde 15.0.2.389