Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug in Line and stacked column chart

I tried to build a “line and stacked column chart”.

1.JPG

Somehow once I add values to column series, the graph only shows dates that have column data available.

2.JPG

I would like to see also all dates that have line data or column data available.

Of course, I can choose from “Shared axis” to show ‘items with no data’ but I would not like to see dates that do not have either column or line values.

3.JPG

Is this some kind of bug that you could fix in the next update of Power BI?

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Kamarto,

Can I say your scenario is like this: your visual "line and stacked column chart" only has "shared axis" and "column values", but you want to see all the values of "shared axis" that have a "line value" without a "column value". The point is you don't want to add the "line value" field. Right? If so, who will know what the line value could be? Because we can add many columns to this field. Have a look at the snapshot below.Bug in Line and stacked column chart.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Kamarto
Regular Visitor

Hello Dale,

Actually my "line and stacked column chart" has "shared axis" with both "line values" and "column values" but I would like to stack the columns using "column series".  Once I do that the "shared axis" that doesn't have "column values" is not visible even though there are "line values" in there.

2.JPG

So unfortunately, your solution doesn't solve the issue that I have...

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Kamarto,

More clear now. I have reproduced it successfully and I have reported it to Power BI Team: CRI 50700731. Any updates will be posted here.

Best Regards!

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Kamarto,

I have got response from the Product Team.

This is a known limitation. If you do not have a Series group, it will render them fine. With a series group, only Column values are at the innermost level of detail, and dates that are specific to line values are lost.

We can only use the workaround for now: enable "Show items with No Data" for the axis field from the field well (the Date field).