Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug in Bookmarks? Inconsistent behaviour

Good afternoon,

I posted this in the Desktop forum but the issues forum seems more appropriate. 

Is there a bug in the bookmark feature? 

I have set a Bookmark to a page with none of the slicers selected. If I then select both slicers and click on the bookmark, only one of them clears.

Create BookmarkCreate BookmarkSelect SlicersSelect SlicersClick on Bookmark: only one slicer clearsClick on Bookmark: only one slicer clears 

I have then tried changing the bookmark. This time the bookmark is created with both slicers selected. If de-select and then click on the bookmark, both slicers are selected (as they should).

Create new Bookmark with slicers selectedCreate new Bookmark with slicers selectedClear slicersClear slicersClick on Bookmark: slicers selectedClick on Bookmark: slicers selected

So it is inconsistent, right? Can aynone reproduce this?

Thanks.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @PaulDBrown,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue in Power BI desktop version 2.54.4970.961 64-bit (January 2018).

Which desktop version did you run? Please update to the same version as ours then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

MarcoPolo
Regular Visitor

I have exactly the same issue, which is clearly a bug. And a huge one. Many end users are pulling wrong résultas by using boobmarks. It’s not just an issue : that raises many doubts about the key features of power bi : data relevancy. How can we explain to en do users that the usual figures could became inaccurate ? The same bug occurs with the mobile application. 

Regards.

PaulDBrown
Community Champion

@v-qiuyu-msft(and @MarcoPolo )

Qiuyun Yu,

I was running the latest update (from January 2018). In fact, when I first came across the problem, I actually re-downloaded the latest update again to make sure I had the latest. The problem was still there.

Today, however, I tested the exact same bookmark (I have changed absolutely nothing) and it works! Baffled as to what was going on last week, but I invested a few hours playing around with Desktop updates and different updates in the bookmark feature, selecting different settings from the bookmark options, and testing on two different PBIX files. 

Anyway, the issue appears to have disappeared auto-magically.

Thank you for looking into this.

Paul.

Joerobert
Helper II

I am seeing similiar issues with the bookmarks. I will click off and back on the bookmark, the filters will change; for example filtering to top nth will be removed select it is still visible in the visualization pane.