Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug: Lastest PowerBI desktop having issues when using SAP Hana 2.0 database

When we run PowerBI Version: 2.46.4732.581 64-bit (May 2017) and connect to a SAP Hana 2.0 everything works fine and you can see the Calculation Views listed in the Navigator.

When we run the latest download July it can connect to a Hana 2.0 database but we do not see the list of Calculation views in the Navigator.

Both builds are fine for Hana 1.x databases.

Using Hana 2.0 64 bit ODBC driver.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Could you please provide a screenshot for the repro? Please also help to collect the fiddler traces during get data from SAP HANA 2.0 in latest July 2017 version of Power BI Desktop.

Fiddler.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 43246629
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

I’ve got response from the Product Team.

This is most likely because changed the product to get the list of cubes from _SYS_BI.BIMC_CUBES instead of _SYS_BI.BIMC_ALL_CUBES. The change was intentional and seems to be necessary for SAP certification. We are reexamining the decision.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Herbert, Thank you so much for the prompt response! We are able to use the May build so we are not blocked but we certainly want to be able to use the latest and greatest PowerBI features with Hana 2.0 - so looking forward to a resolution. We would really appreciate a heads up once you guys get this sorted .... Regards, Chuck
ismaelumpierrez
Frequent Visitor

Dear All, have you got any new about this or any prediction?

regards!

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous @ismaelumpierrez

I’ve got response from the Product Team.

We expect to have a fix for the problem in the September 2017 release. Please check it later.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for following up on this Herbert - very appreciated!
ismaelumpierrez
Frequent Visitor

Thank you very much!

Regards