Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Background image for page not fully visible in Power BI desktop, but shows in Power BI service

Hi,

I want to use a PNG as background with size 1600/900 for a dashboard. This image has only outer borders (see image). When I select this image in PBI Desktop as a background image, it does not show up on the canvas. Changing the image fit does not change this behaviour. It is probably there, but just seems out of bounds. After publishing the dashboard, the image shows perfectly in the PBI Service. Is it me failing or Power BI Desktop?

Bye,

Rudi

HPE-back.png

Comments
vicestcha
Regular Visitor

I am having a similar problem, probably is some last version bug. In my case the image in the background does not fill the hole canvas, problem that does not exist in previus version of PBI Desktop.

If you can solve it, please let mi know how.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@rudiklein

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 31580359

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

itayrom
Resolver II

In the meantime, here's a workaround-

1. Go to the "View" tab in the ribbon, and change the "Page View" to "Actual Size".

2. If the background image was not already set, add it now. If it was, change the "Image Fit" value to something else and then change it back to the desired one.

3. Change the "Page View" back to the desired state.

MFelix
Super User

HI @itayrom,

I have the same issue and this workaround is great, however would be great to have this solve.

MFelix

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@rudiklein

This issue should be fixed in March 2017 of Power BI Desktop around the 6th of March.

Best Regards,

Herbert

augustindelaf
Impactful Individual

@itayrom your method is working perfectly !

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@rudiklein

This issue should has been fixed now in Mar 2017 version of Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

rudiklein
Advocate II

Another buglette bites the dust....

The PBI team is doing a great job. Again!

Thanks,

Rudi