Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BUG in January, 2017 release: can't update a report from Desktop to Service

In the new January, 2017 release, I get a "Report has already been published" error message when I try to use the PUBLISH option to Update a report that exists on the Service from Desktop.

- Steps:

--I updated a report in Desktop that had been previously published to the Service.

--I selected the PUBLISH menu option in Desktop

--I selected MY WORKSPACE (where the report was located)

--I received an error "Report has already been published" and the update failed.

I've tried with several different reports both with the Service running and with the Service not running.  I've also exited Desktop and restarted it and repeated the operation.  In all cases, I got the same error.

Comments
alfredohidalgo

I am having the same problem since yesterday.

Also, I cannot refresh datasets manually.

Any help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to re-publish a dashboard to an Office 365 Group and it says "This report was already published to the selected destination".

Any idea when this will be fixed please?

alanhodgson
Solution Supplier

Same issue here. Can't publish from Desktop to Service.

vmerida
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue since I upgrade to the last version of Power BI Desktop (January 2017).

RebPar

Im having the same issue, I sign off and on constantly just to publish the data, and it sometimes randomly asks for my password during the publishing and freezes the BI.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

Hi All,

This is a known issue with publishing the reports. PG will be releasing update shortly this week. Please try with following workaround now.

Workaround:

• Sign-out of the desktop and sign back in again
    • Go to File | Sign out OR
    • Click on your login name in the top right account and select “Switch Account”

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the hint about signing out and back in - solved my problem.

Steve

nsagrawal
Regular Visitor

Thanks Steve for Helping me out, this has resolved my issue to publish the desktop report to power BI for one time only, but when we do it again it occures the same issue and show the same error.

We can not do sign out and sign in every time, this may not be  the feasible or parmannent solution, this is just the temarory solution, they must have to resloved the issue on parment basis.

I appreciate your help, thanks again.

Thanks

Naresh

v-haibl-msft
Employee

Hi All,

Please download the new released Power BI Desktop, this issue should be fixed with this new version.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Best Regards,

Herbert