Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG in January, 2017 Release: publish desktop report to power BI, and bug in embeded Azure platform

Publishing Error to Power bI Service.PNG

I update the data which is connected with Excel file and want to re publish on power bi service, so all data gets updated over in power bi service, but after i update the Desktop service with new release of January 2017, it want allowing me to publish the report on power bi and throwing attached error.

This is a bug and if this type of bugs happnes it will be difficul for us to have the data upto date on file shared with many people, they can not see the updated report and dashboards.

Please have a urgent look and reslove as soon as poosbile.

Embeded code with useing Azure plaform service , there is bug, when we connect data with direct query with SQL data base, its throwing error to update the data, its seems that the live connection with data base having issue. data are not updating on run time basis. this is also a serious bug you guys need to look and test again.

Thansk

Naresh

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
nsagrawal
Regular Visitor

Thanks Steve for Helping me out, this has resolved my issue to publish the desktop report to power BI for one time only, but when we do it again it occures the same issue and show the same error.

We can not do sign out and sign in every time, this may not be  the feasible or parmannent solution, this is just the temarory solution, they must have to resloved the issue on parment basis.

I appreciate your help, thanks again.

Thanks

Naresh

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@nsagrawal

Please download the new released Power BI Desktop, this issue should be fixed with this new version.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info