Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG: Power BI Desktop Abruptly crashes when adding relationship between tables in Direct Query mode

I updated to the new version of Power BI desktop recently. Power BI desktop crashes abruptly when I try to create new report connecting to oracle with direct query and add relationship. Power BI Desktop crashes when I click the "close" button after adding new relationship between two tables.

A console window opens up with the title "SQLDumpr" and then Power BI desktop closes. When I check the application logs in the event viewer it has following error logged.

The description for Event ID 25 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace1746200143 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

msmdsrvi.rll

Power BI Version: 2.54.4970.761 64-bit (January, 2018)

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @raviteja_prathi,

There is a new Power BI desktop version released, please update to this latest version 2.54.4970.961 and test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu