Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG: Export from PBI Service to Excel - Applied filter text incorrect using page filter and slicer

When I export a visual from the Power BI service to Excel, the "Applied Filters" text in the export file is incorrect when using a page filter and a slicer on the same field.

For example, I created a demo PBIX file with two tables in a simple model: Area (dimension) and Fact related on [Area ID].

Area:

image.png

Fact:

image.png

Model:

image.png

I then added a page filter to remove Area 6:

image.png

Finally, I added a table with Area and Amount and a slicer on Area.

When I export the table to Excel (summarized) without anything in the slicer selected, I get an "Applied Filters" text of: 

Applied filters:
Area is not Area 6

This is correct because only the page filter is acting on the table visual. Next, I select an area from the slicer (in this case Area 4) and export the table again. This time, the "Applied Filters" text reads:

Applied filters:
Area is Area 4 or is Area 6

This is not correct. The applied filters text should indicate that "Area is not Area 6" and "Area is Area 4". This could be combined, but representing the condition with an "or" operator and dropping the "not" condition is incorrect.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mattchaplin,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 77327245. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mattchaplin,

PG team can reproduce the issue as well. They file a bug for this issue, there is no ETA currently. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu