Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ArcGIS - BLANK MAP

Hello Power BI Community,

As some of us have already experiencd, ArcGIS map screen remains blank.

The issue has been around for awhile but it seems that no robust solution has been implemented yet.

Clearing the chache, closing browers and restarting does't work for me.

I am using Power BI desktop Version: 2.46.4732.581 64-bit (Mai 2017).

I went through all the already exisiting threads and posts but nothing seems to work.

I am wondering whether I am not following the proper procedure to fix the problem or

whether there are other users who are completely stucked as I am.

Thank You for any clue you can provide.

Cheers

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @BrainGrind,

Based on my test in Power BI latest desktop version 2.47.4766.542 64-bit (June 2017), the ArcGis map works fine.

q2.PNG

In your scenario, which kind of the fields did you place in the ArcGis map? Please try to update the desktop to the latest version.

If the issue still persists, please share the .pbix file with us if possible.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

pat_energetics
Advocate II

I also have blank arcgis map.

Tested in desktop with latest version  June 2017 .542 64 Bit running the same reports as published to the service. The map does not work in the service either. Fields for Lat and Long given as decimal, size as decimal, colour as text.

Tested clean new desktop file version .542, only taking the data to be plotted as new query to source excel file (but it is essentially the same data table as the failed attempt in the current report). The visual then works fine as expected with the exact same set-up for the field wells as the failed attempt above.

pat_energetics
Advocate II

Blank Map - Current reportBlank Map - Current reportGood Map - Same data new reportGood Map - Same data new report

pat_energetics
Advocate II

Hi MS team - has anyone had a chance to look at this issue ?

BrainGrind

Hallo Everybody,

I eventually solved the issue by re-installing Power Bi desktop, the latest Version 2.47.4766.542 64-bit (Juni 2017).

It's running smoothly so far although I fear that the problem may rise again since I didn't see any official post stating that the problem was solved at its roots.

Kind Regards

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@BrainGrind Thanks for your sharing. The most latest desktop version is 2.47.4766.801 64-bit (June 2017), you can also have a try.

@pat_energetics Please update the Power BI desktop to the latest version to see if the issue gone.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

pat_energetics
Advocate II

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Unfortunately the issue remains in V2.47.4766.801 64-bit (June 2017) dated 21 June.

Clean pbix report file with same data works fine. Old pbix report shows no data.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @pat_energetics,

Please try to delete files at this location: C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CEF to see if the issue persists.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

pat_energetics
Advocate II

Deleting the folder and then deleting and re-installing the visual from the report seems to work.