Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

April 2017 (2.45.4704.442) - DataFormat.Error

April 2017 (2.45.4704.442) - DataFormat.Error

With the April update, I am no longer able to refresh the data in my main data model - I receive an error indicating that the database has been placed in a state by user that prevents it from being opened or locked.  I am only receiving this error on my main data model, I am able to refresh on my other smaller data model without issue.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@nbailey

If you rollback to the March update, are you able to refresh the data in your main data model?

The error message seems to be related to the database itself but not Power BI.

Could you please check if it is a regression issue caused by April update by testing with the March update?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

nbailey
Advocate I

Yes, as soon as I rolled back to March, the data model refreshes without any issue.  The simpler data model I have refreshed with the April Update, so it's certainly not a universal issue, but it is definitely caused by the April update.  This reminds me of an issue introduced 5 or 6 months ago that impacted data models that were using certain features (if memory serves correctly it had to do with the naming convention on measures).

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/After-latest-update-getting-error-publishing-and-now-can-t-...

nbailey
Advocate I

I see a new release was put out yesterday (2.45.4704.722) - mid month which implies it is a bug fix release.  Any idea what the fixes are?

jmbenedetto

Hi, I'm having the same issue, and I did not save the old version. Would you be able to send me the instalation package for the older version?

kyle705
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing this issue (with the latest update released in May2017)

sherylnanceZee

I also am having this issue.  In addition I have a form that calls several different forms, after doing any sort of edit on anything in the data base the buttons to open the forms do not work and have an error of  "The expression onClick  you entered  as the event property setting produced the following error: Return without Gosub.  I can go into design view of the form and open the event proceedure.  NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.  close it and the forms works perfectly.  I have an excel spreadsheet (on the same machine) that accesses a query that now will say the database is locked.  I close the database and reopen it then the form doesnt work again.  This a vicious circel that I cant escape from.

mnijskens
Frequent Visitor
this seems to be a big issue for a lot of people ! Inlcuding me ! But why is there no sulution ?