Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Analyze in Excel losing relationships for filtering

In PowerBI, I've created a couple tables (DateKey and Country-Area) that I use manage relationships to be able to filter on my reports. 

However when I use Anayze in Excel, those relationships seem to be lost for filtering.

Country-AreaCountry-AreaDateKeyDateKey

I'm trying to filter the Analyze in Excel by Area.  It works in PowerBI, but in Excel, it doesn't filter anything.  I get the entire dump of database. 

AnalyzeInExcelSelections.JPG

Also, I'm adding Year in the report to be able to select data by year.  Again, able to do this in PowerBI, but in Excel, the Year column seems to be losing it's mapping and I'm getting 5 duplicate rows except for Year column:

AnalyzeInExcelYearColumn.JPG

I read other threads, and the Year one seems related to Date column changing format in Excel to General instead of Date, so probably the relationship mapping isn't applying correctly outside of PowerBI.

Not sure why I'm not able to filter by Area which is mapped to Countries though.  I've tried setting relationship both Single and Both. 

Would like to filter the Analyze in Excel Pivot data by Area's that are defined in the table.

Any ideas on how to get this to work (besides creating a column in the main data set)?

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@AndrewSEA

In your pbix file, which table has relationship with table Country-Area?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

AndrewSEA
Advocate II

I'm mapping the main data to it.  The table is called "Query1"

image.png

So the behavior I want is to filter on Area in the Analyze in Excel pivot, and the data with the Reseller_Country associated to the Area.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue.

JackRegehr

I have the same issue – no relationships in the Excel Pivot Table. Shouldn’t the Power BI data model be populated in Power Pivot? It is empty.

PowerPivot.PNG

@AndrewSEA 

@Anonymous 

Did either of you find a resolution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update/solution on this issue ?